Thrive dental and orthodontics
Is there a time in life when you’re more self-conscious about your appearance than your teenage years? If your teen has imperfect teeth, they can experience a significant blow to their confidence. Although traditional braces can correct misaligned teeth, they can make your teen even more embarrassed of their smile. That’s where Invisalign Teen comes in. This solution allows your teenager in Dallas, TX, to maintain their appearance while gently moving their teeth into the desired position.
Invisalign teen’s unique features
So what’s the difference between the standard Invisalign and Invisalign Teen treatment? They are fundamentally similar and follow the same process. However, Invisalign Teen includes small blue dots that indicate whether your teen is wearing the alignment trays properly. Over the course of the two weeks that they should have the trays in place, the blue dot will fade to white. If they are not complying with their treatment, the dots will remain blue. That way, you and our dentists can tell whether your teen is following instructions and staying on track. It also serves as a helpful reminder for your teen to know when they should switch the next set of trays.
Benefits of invisalign teen
Choosing Invisalign Teen over traditional metal braces has many advantages, including the following:
- Better self-esteem. The clear plastic aligners are practically invisible when worn.
- More flexibility for special events. For prom or homecoming pictures, your teen can have a completely natural smile.
- More freedom to enjoy favorite foods. You don’t have to worry about your teen breaking a fixed bracket and making a wire come loose with their food choices.
- Easier oral maintenance. Brushing and flossing is much simpler without brackets and wires getting in the way.
- A built-in reminder. The blue dots can help keep your teen on schedule with their treatment.
Tips for teens
Here are some tips to help them get the best results as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Wear the alignment trays for 20 to 22 hours on a daily basis, removing them only for eating and brushing and flossing your teeth. For special events, you teen can take them out if they wish, but they should try to limit the time that they’re out so that they don’t cause delays in treatment.
- Keep the aligner case with them at all times so that they can store the trays properly and avoid losing them.
- Bring a toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss with them. That way they can brush and floss before putting the trays back in after eating.
- Maintain healthy oral habits daily. Straightening their teeth isn’t worth much if they’re full of cavities.
If you’re interested in learning more about Invisalign Teen or you’d like to get started, come see us to schedule a consultation with your Invisalign Orthodontist. We can’t wait to help your teen gain the confidence to let their smile shine!